
M-am rătăcit de curând pe blogul meu inițial, ăla-n engleză, de pe vremea când imi făceam griji că prea nu știu 'spellui' și-mi propuneam să-mi mai revin.
Și cât de cât a funcționat...
Partea interesantă e că am citit acum vreun an pe un forum foto un thread în care lumea se întreba de ce a ales fotografia. Eu nu scriu nimic pe forumul respectiv, așa că mi-am trântit opiniile pe blogul despre care nu vroiam să afle nimeni. Audiences make me shy :)
Și pentru că tot încerc să mă motivez să iau din nou aparatul în mână l-am recitit și mi s-a părut demn de arătat în lume.
Sunt împotriva traducerilor! Așa că textul rămâne în original :D
I couldn't help but ask myself: "why?"
Why do I want to remember life through my viewfinder?
Why do I want to see life through my viewfinder?
Why do I want to catch a moment?
Why do I need a picture to remember it?
Why do I only have a fuzzy image of you in my head? I've admired it for hours!
The camera needed split seconds. But remembers your face clearer.
What it doesen't know is that i have a blurry memory of your voice wispering in my ear.
I also have a faint memory of your smile lighting up your face when you said hy.
You'll probably tell me: yeah, so does the video. But you're wrong. Cos there's no sense of your skin touching mine on it and there's no trace of your cologne anywhere around.
But that picture! That picture made my blurry memory of your face clearer. That picture is a reminder for all my senses. It reminds me how and what I felt then.
And my landscapes. Oh, my dear landscapes! There's nothing like admiring a breathtaking view, with a cool breeze keeping your hair far away from your head... With some stupid birds making annoying noises for the ears of a quite seeking creature. And those waves, and that smell... Oh, marvellous scent of a place. There's nothing like a good-smelling landscape.
And again, my camera didn't get it all (exept for my hair ofcourse.) but it got me something to make me remeber. It got me a reason to.
It made me stay there longer in the first place, for only through my viewfinder do i give enough (i guess it's never enaugh) attention to the beauty that surrounds me. And unfortunatelly i don't take my camera with me every day having some lame excuse like: I wanna live life, not take pictures of it. or i don't wanna remember this with my viewfinder in front of it.
Well you know what! That camera gives you life. Life that you won't forget with that amnesial brain of yours that turns into fuzz.


No comments:
Post a Comment